Friday 31 July 2015

Day 52, Sarajevo, Bosnia to Dubrovnik, Croatia

From Sarajevo to Dubrovnic
Not many tourists in this neck of the woods, that's for sure. We left Sarajevo this morning in the rain, which is nice for a change and again head through the mountains. A huge gorge, steep cliffs and rivers. A lot of rocks and debris on the road, which freaks me out a little, as the last thing I want is one landing on my windscreen! There is quite a lot of netting up, but clearly they missed a few bits. Came across an accident, hate seeing that, but there was help there, better than I could offer in English I am sure. Finally, out through the gorge, and stop for lunch. Absolutely no idea what I have ordered, something with beef I think. We're close to both the Serbian and the Montenegro border where we have stopped.
The beef arrived, just beef! Smoked, and very tasty.
Beef for lunch...
The trip continued, taking forever, dad a snooze (9 minutes, until we hit a bump in the road). The views in the mountains are stunning, but the going is slow. Almost hit a cow on the road, yes, hardly saw any, except for two wandering on the road, as well as some goats. 
A long wait at the border to get back into Croatia from Bosnia, but finally arrived at accommodation close to 4.30 after a 7 hour trip!
View from Bosnia towards
Croatian border
A quick drive to have a peek at Dubrovnik, as we're staying out of town, then dinner out with some live music.

Only thing getting me confused is currencies! Sunday, Monday, Tuesday; Hungary so Florins, then Wednesday Croatia, so Kuna, Thursday Bosnia; Marks, now back to Croatia! Argh, confusing, I have no idea how much things cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment