Tuesday 7 July 2015

Day 28, Crosia to Corica, Italy

Amarelli's liquorice Museum
Last night's dinner was lovely, Antonio and his dad did very well. Bruschetta with roasted eggplant and peppers, followed by pasta with fresh tomato sauce and basil (off course) and then pork butterfly steak with tomato salad. Dessert was served upstairs on the balcony with beautiful views, and consisted of fresh fruit , as they had not graduated to making desserts yet. They gave me some ideas of where to stop on the way today, so my first stop was the Amarelli liquorice  museum. Took a while to find but very interesting. The production has been operating for almost 300 years, but the family can trace back documents to the 1500's showing that the Amarelli family traded in liquorice that far back. 
The castle (I didn't go into)

Then onto a nearby castle, which was easy enough to find as it was massive, but I had a struggle getting out of the town and almost got stuck in a very narrow street. A ten point turn later, I scrambled my way out. I am very pleased I know how to do hill starts in a manual! Oh, and the castle was closed for viewing between 1.00 and 4.00, so unfortunately missed out.
Nice view in the village.
Bloody narrow streets though
The drive over the mountains was beautiful, and then suddenly I was on the other coast, along the Tyrrhenian Sea, where I have a room right on the beach, another gem found. The water is bliss, especially after a 39 degree day.
Coast to Coast

Balcony view

No comments:

Post a Comment