Friday 3 July 2015

Day 24, Marina Di Lesina to Bisceglia, Italy

View from hotel room Bisceglia
Another day another town, heading further south again today to a town called Bisceglia. The drive again was interesting to say the least. In a matter of an hour on the road, I must have seen at least 30 working girls on the side of the road. This is just a bit foreign to us (yes, I know I'm in a foreign country!) but to see them sitting there in the 32 degree heat, waiting for their next customer at 10.00 in the morning is a bit different to say the least. 
The Adriatic Sea
Anyway, apart from that the drive was uneventful. Got here (Bisceglie on the East coast still) by midday and a pleasant looking town it is. Hotel right on the beach as well as a pool. Swim in the pool first and then a walk into the old town, which was a bit of a hike in the heat, but lovely. Everything is looking a little bit shabbier and more tired here though then they did back up north, but I think I found a little gem in this town. The beautiful bougainvillea in the pictures are just around the corner from the hotel. A refreshing swim in the sea after my walk, which is a whole other sage! So funny. It's a very rocky beach, as in huge rocks and boulders. There is one solitary man sitting on a rock, reading his book, so I think, this looks as good a place as any to get in. Oh my, there should have been a hidden camera and it could have gone on funniest home videos. How I stumbled; groped my way forward and slipped onto my arse twice, and generally looked very inelegant getting in the sea. How he didn't crack up I don't know, very galant of him, but I sure did as I got the giggles. What a performance!
The Old Town harbour
View in the Old Town
Look at those bougainvillea

No comments:

Post a Comment