Wednesday 22 July 2015

Day 43, Gardone Riviera to Tricesimo, Italy

Agriturismo at it's best
A break through in the last few days; I can make myself understood enough in Italian when ordering food and coffee without having to point at the food, haha! 
A nice drive again, first on the big motorways, then decided to veer off and take the more scenic route as it gets a bit monotonous on the motorway. I'm in a very agricultural part of North Italy , lush and every field is full, grapes, corn, and that's about all I recognised, but very tidy, clean, cared for look about everything.
Most of the drive was on the flat, not a hill to be seen, and then suddenly I could see the Austrian Alps in the distance, all sharp angles.
Part of Tricesimo, Alps in background
The accommodation tonight is rural, unfortunately the address they had put on the website directed me to another place, same road name but no B&B, so that was fun, but all part of it. 
A quiet afternoon, last night didn't get me much sleep due to the heat in the room, I tossed and turned all night. Hopefully tonight is better.
Crazy!!
My last night in Italy for a couple of weeks, Austria tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment