Thursday 9 July 2015

Day 30, Corica to Padula, Italy

Chocolate box village, along the way
A stunning drive up the coast today, beautiful views, to a town called Padula, perched high up on the side of a mount. Unfortunately today no pictures to post as wifi is very average to put it nicely, meaning it's almost non existent. Okay in the lobby so writing this and will post it later, I will add pictures tomorrow.
I have to tell you the story about getting petrol for my car, well, diesel to be precise. 
First time was when I had just picked my car up, and all was well, there was an attendant who filled her up, I paid and that was it. 
View from Padula village
When I was getting a little lower (but not as low as I let it get at home thank goodness) I stopped at a petrol station. I waited a wee while for an attendant and when no one came I said, how different can this be from usual, and I went to fill her up. Yes, diesel, don't worry, I am not that silly! Anyway, pump in the car, nothing happens. I try again, still nothing. I look around, no help, so go, righto, back in the car. This happened three times until the penny finally dropped.....
Yes, pay first, then fill. DUH. Thing is, you pay at a machine, no counters inside, and off course the instructions are not in English. Each time different too. I dread getting fuel, but sometimes get lucky and strike an attendant who will help, like today. So up in the mountains somewhere, saw him sitting there, so thought, Bingo, time for fuel. He was eighty if he was a day, and smoking while he filled my car, haha! I wanted to take a photo, but didn't. 
Walked up to the village this afternoon, breathtaking views from up top, and hard work in 37 degrees! Waited till 5 o'clock to go, but didn't make much difference. A dip in the pool back at the hotel will help. 
Abandoned monastery across from the hotel
Pretty lane in Padula

No comments:

Post a Comment