Wednesday 1 July 2015

Day 22, Rome to Pescara, Italy

Leaving Rome behind today, I am travelling towards the east coast of Italy, a town near Pescara.
I am pleased I didn't spent too much time driving in Rome as it is quite frustrating. A 5 'lane' road with no markings at times, meaning it's a free for all. Cars swerving from one 'lane' to another without a care. I carefully followed behind one that seemed to be travelling in a fairly straight line. I finally made my way out though. It was a lovely drive to the east coast, through some beautiful countryside and right over a mountain range, that at times made me feel I was crossing the Lewis Pass. But then no, a wee town with red roofs would pop up to remind me where I was.
I am staying at a 'angriturismo' accommodation tonight. I saw this name pop up quite often on the side of the road as I was driving around so I finally googled it to see what it meant. It's like a farmstay, and the owners could 'farm' anything, from growing olives to producing cheese, plus they have rooms. I have put up some pictures of tonight's stay.
Although the room is nice, as is the pool, the welcome unfortunately was less so, which was rather disappointing. Just the one night here and heading further south tomorrow.
I have a week to go south and back up towards the Amalfi Coast (South of Naples) where I have a week booked from next Friday. So a day by day decision as to where I am going next....
The pool area

My accommodation tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment