Friday 10 July 2015

Day 31, Padula to San Lazzaro, Italy

The deck in front of my room
Last night's hotel was average. It has made me realise very much that it's not so much about the room: if there are enough towels or if the breakfast is good. It really is about people. The couple of times I have had a 'dud' was really about the welcome by the staff and how they treated me, rather than anything else. Yes, first impressions surely count.
Like my welcome here at the B&B in San Lazzaro. First of all, the drive was the most interesting I have had so far to put it nicely. Winding little streets through very busy little towns. When your GPS says it will take you 35 minutes to drive 20 k's, that's a good indication of the lack of progress. I really thought a couple of times that I will be very lucky to come away without any damage to my car today, that's how frantic it was at times. Oh, and I have yet to see a child in a car seat. On mum's lap in the front seat, or the drivers lap or just hanging out the window, crazy, Plunket would have a fit.
Finally arrived after 3.5 hours (160 k's). And the welcome was lovely, host spoke English well and was very helpful making suggestions on where and how to go there. Park the car up for the week and take the bus, was his suggestion. Well, after the drive today I won't argue. Room is comfy, opening up to a large deck with easy chairs, umbrellas, potted plants and a gorgeous view. 7 nights here, so a chance to unpack a little and get some washing done in a machine! A walk up the hill into the village, lovely humming place, sat and had a beer and enjoyed the views as the photos show. Dinner cooked by my host tonight, grow all their own veges, so
View towards Amalfi
should be good! Arrivederci.
View from the property

No comments:

Post a Comment