Monday 13 July 2015

Day 34, San Lazzaro, Italy-visit to Capri

The bougainvillea everywhere
Ah, bliss!
I often write bits and pieces for my blog in random places; when I sit in a cafe, or a park, but tonight tops it. I'm sitting in my bathroom with my feet in the bidet! I told you a couple of weeks back this is the perfect use for it.
Spent the day in Capri, for 7 hours, and even if I sat for two of those, it means I walked for 5 hour. My poor feet are killing me! They've done well to last this long so are now treated to a soak in some cold water!
Capri was absolutely lovely. Caught the 6.50 bus to Amalfi, and then the ferry at 8.30, which took an hour 15. Capri is obviously where the money is, as everything is beautiful and clean, the gardens are all very well maintained and full of flowers, and the bougainvillea are rampant. I walked up to the town from the Marina, which gave some lovely views and then went to a historic garden (Gardens of Augustus) After that lunchtime, views right over the harbour, where a coffee was €5.50! (About $9.00).
View from my lunch table, just lovely
Then onto the Natural Arch, see photos. It's about to be repaired as it close to collapse due to cracking and natural wear. Huge scaffolding going up, so was pleased to have seen it without. 
Seemed like a long trip home, which I guess it was after all. The boat back was full of very tired people, all dozing away in the heat and then no seats on the bus, packed in like sardines, but all part of the travel experience.
A nice wine from my host when home (after the feet soak in the bidet!)
The Natural Arch
View from Augustus' garden

No comments:

Post a Comment