Monday 20 July 2015

Day 41, Nonantalo to Gardone Riviera, Lake Garda, Italy

Lake Garda
Today another jackpot hit. I am staying at a little lakeside hotel, at Gardone Riviera, right on the edge of Lake Garda in North Italy. The lake is the largest in Italy and a really busy holiday destination, but because it's so large and there are so many towns, it doesn't feel crowded.
The drive here was pretty, a large part of it along the lake, all little towns and pretty views. I realise with some sadness that my time in Italy is coming to a close, a few more days this week and then in a few weeks time Venice with dad, but that will be the last.
My accommodation last night was really quite mediocre, and when I went to have a swim first thing this morning I was told the pool was not open, grr.
I have mentioned before how it's the welcome from the host that just makes all the difference. Today for me reiterated that. The hotel is simple, but the host walked me to my room , offered a coffee downstairs and told me about a tiny wee beach just 100 meters from the hotel. Simple things make the difference for sure. The swim was so refreshing, the water was warm, even for a huge lake like this one. I like the place so much I have decided to stay another night.
Walkway along the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment