Sunday 19 July 2015

Day 40, Assisi to Nonantola, Italy

View from my room
Funny how one night can be so different to another. Last night in a busy town, enjoying live music and tonight 300 k's north, at a small Agriturismo B&B. Where the horses are in the paddock, some chickens and no doubt a rooster that's going to wake me up at some god forbidden hour.
Plus...a pool. Bliss. However , it appears to be open to the locals and tonight is disco night I think. Michael Jackson being played full blast and plenty of people here, so an odd contrast. No doubt the party will last well into the night.
A very quiet day really, a beautiful drive here, Umbria is a lovely province, very scenic and rural, so drove a good 200 k's through hills, countryside and past lakes without seeing too many towns. Tonight I am staying close to Bologna, slowly making my way north and soon East towards Budapest, in a town called Nonantola. Sometimes (well, most times) hit jackpot with my towns and accommodation, other times it's just a town and just a room. Like, unfortunately, tonight, but dinner made up for it. 
Dinner out, which is always interesting, as I really have no idea what the menu is all about, and don't want to go for the safe pizza or pasta dishes. So tonight an English speaking waiter was pulled towards me to help choose my seafood dish. Oh my goodness, absolutely beautiful, haven't eaten that well for a while, just so fresh, and a huge variety.
Dinner, all seafood, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment