Thursday 2 July 2015

Day 23, Pescara to Marina Di Lesina, Italy

Today I officially cheated! I have been very good and taking the scenic routes but today I just wanted to get where I was going. Last nights accommodation had a bit of a negative vibe for me, couldn't put my finger on it but wanted to be on the road and away straight after breakfast. I hit the highway! Yes, the 130 k's an hour type, where you really don't see scenery but you get there mighty fast. Only had 150 k's south to go, to the town of Lesina, well, Marina di Lesina, right on the beach. 
Accommodation and beach are absolutely lovely. I actually spent about 2 and a half hours on the beach. None of that bring your towel and down you plop, no, you get 'assigned ' a beach lounger and umbrella, very posh indeed. I had to move though, yes I know, if it's too loud, you're too old, but the rap music was getting to me. I mean, this is a beach! So I moved to the very front row, right by the water and away from the 'background' music. Ah bliss, the water was perfect, had about 4 swims, and in between finished my book. 
Dinner in the restaurant downstairs tonight. No pictures today, sorry, no photos taken today.

No comments:

Post a Comment