Wednesday 26 August 2015

Day 78, Madrid to Toledo, Spain

The small Mosque
I'm getting the hang of this, it's 3.15 and just ordered my lunch. According to tradition I have to take at least an hour and a half over this!
The big bulls are everywhere
along the motorways

Arrived in Toledo, which is only about 80 k's south of Madrid. Booked one night but added another, staying really close to the old town. A lot of these Old Towns I have noticed have escalators from outside (where the car parks are and buses pull up) to the top, which is where the Old Town is. It certainly saves the feet, especially on another hot day like today.
Walked too long around town, visited a Mosque, 1000 years old, tiny, 5x5 meters, later it was added onto and changed into a church, very unusual style. 
I realised while in Madrid I didn't actually visit any monuments or museums, is that naughty? Nah, I enjoyed the city and soaked it up, that's more important I think! 
Huge escalators
Toledo street

No comments:

Post a Comment