Tuesday 18 August 2015

Day 70, Berlou, France to Solona, Spain

Train bridge in the Pyrenees
Finally got a picture of  one
of my hosts: John in Berlou
 Another day, another town, and in today's case, a new country. Yes, I have moved onto Spain.
An absolutely stunning drive through the Pyrenees, a very slow and winding road. 
As the road climbed and the altitude rose, the temperature fell in matching degrees, until they 'met' at 1300 metres and 13 degrees! The road got as high as 1600 meters and just when you wonder what's around the next corner, the landscape flattens out and you travel for a long way on a plateau with some good size towns on them. Then you start to dip, the mountains are steep, a big lake, all just beautiful. So hard to take photos, but I did stop a couple of times.
Steep cliffs
Found my hotel quite quickly, despite the fact it's on the edge of a huge building site for a supermarket and car park. Great view, not!
Town (Solona in Catalonia) has a nice old town; where I am sitting at the moment with a drink and tapas, chosen well by my waiter.

Solona, Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment