Monday 10 August 2015

Day 62, Pradelle to Acqui Terme, Italy

Lounging by the pool...
Long drive today, not so much in k's, but it just took a while.
Staying near a village called Acqui Terme, about 75 k's North west of Geneva.
Look at that chandelier!
Accommodation is absolutely lovely, an old farmhouse, with an apartment just for me, huge bathroom with spa bath, kitchen, wrought iron bed, antique furniture, a swimming pool and a great view of the village below. Only booked for one night, but quickly added another! And....I am their very first guest, so feeling special. I went for a walk as the temperature is only 27, what a pleasant change, and took one of their 3 dogs with me.
I am in a rural area! This while out
for my walk with the dog
These are my last few days here in Italy, and I have met some lovely people: Michelle in Vellano, who quickly treated me like a neighbour, invited me to a local dog show and pizzas on Saturday night at Serena's. Gregory in San Lazzaro, who greeted me every night after I came back from sightseeing and would say, Hey baby, how was your day? (With the loveliest accent) and where I had dinner with him and his wife Anna.
Antonio in Crosia, who spoke no English at all, but somehow we talked for hours, and his enthusiasm for the business was so evident. 
I hope I get to enjoy the rest of my time in Europe as much as I have enjoyed Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment