Wednesday 12 August 2015

Day 64, Acqui Terme, Italy to Rousset, France

Acqui Terme
Farewell Italy! Almost 9 weeks since I arrived (with a wee break in between) and I have loved being in Italy. Really beautiful country, lovely people. The North is definitely more scenic, but the South had a charm of its own, more rugged, but the people were just as hospitable. 
It was over 400 k's today and although I spent a huge €40 ($65) on tolls on the motorways, it still took close to 6 hours. Everywhere is so busy this time of the year along the route I took, around Geneva to the Côte d'Azur in France, absolutely packed with holiday makers. I wasn't too worried going past without stopping as I come back this way again end October, early November to return my rental. Again, the border crossing was non- existent, a sign saying France 250 meters, and then you're in. 
I did go through Monaco, the country and the city. Stopped as I came down the hill, which had the most breathtaking views over the city. The town was totally jammed, not a park to be found as I wanted to stop for lunch. It's a very attractive town, obviously a lot of money here.
Monaco
I am pleased and a little surprised at how much of the French language I remember. I did take it for 5 years in high school, but never used it much since, but coming back quite nicely.
Tonight I am staying in a small town called Rousset, not too far from Marseille. Again, nice room so grabbed an extra night. Still warm, but nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment