Sunday 16 August 2015

Day 68, Berlou, France

John's friends have traveled extensively in Spain and were able to give me lots of great tips and ideas of towns to visit. Now need to sit down and plan a rough route; it's a big country! I have decided to leave France for now and spend some more time when I come to return my rental end October, November and head to Spain day after tomorrow.
I am writing this sitting in a small square in a nearby town, have just been to the local market. There's a guy playing guitar, singing Spanish songs, great atmosphere. People everywhere, just cruising. The shops are all still shut here on Sunday and I must say, there's a lot to be said for it. I do think people relax more, not wanting/having to go to the shop. People have joined me at my table, it's times like this it's a shame my French is not better. They have a little dog, they obviously adore, and a few drinks and we're keen to talk. They are sharing their olives bought at the market and there's lots of gesturing and smiling, so it's all good. No pictures today 

No comments:

Post a Comment