Sunday 9 August 2015

Day 61, Venice to Pradelle (near Verona), Italy

Today dad left Venice and flew to Amsterdam for his three weeks there.
We got to the airport with time to spare, which was just as well, there were lines everywhere , the place was totally packed!
Time to say goodbye, it's been a lovely two weeks together with dad, really nice to be able to share some of my travels with him. Dad's 82, and did very well keeping up, in the heat, doing all the sightseeing things. If I'm still going strong like that at 82, I'll hang out with Aaron or Shaun for a couple of weeks, they'll love that! 
Anyway, not really my travel story, but dad's, but I talked to him just now and he told me this is what happened after I left him at the airport.
He went through the security checkpoint, iPad in tray, wallet, watch in another. It was a wee while after he realised he hadn't grabbed his watch and wallet, so went back, but it took a while to locate said items. Then the gate I had seen indicated wasn't the correct one, he was sent to gate 11, only to be told there, no, it's gate 4, downstairs! So rushed, got there to be told, no, plane about to depart, we paged you three times!! Anyway, luckily they were held up due to other reasons , so took dad across the tarmac, and had to use a scissor lift to get him up to the door as the stairs were already moved away. Such excitement.
My afternoon was very quiet compared to that, a few swims in the pool of my accommodation. I have moved west, heading towards south of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment