Tuesday 8 September 2015

Day 91, Jerez de la Frontera

Tio Pepe
Yippee, I received confirmation today that my Morocco trip with Intrepid is a go ahead. I'm very excited, leaving on Sunday, so now booking flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech back. This will be a very different part of my trip, a big culture shock I would say. I'm looking forward to this change and so stoked right now that I managed to get on this tour, seeing it was a little bit last minute decision. 
Grapevines right over the path

This afternoon I went to a bodega, Tio Pepe, where they produce sherry, wine and brandy that is exported to over 100 countries, with the company started over 170 years ago. Very interesting tour, with a tasting at the end, so even better. Funny wee story, there's this cellar where the mice are always happy. There's actually a little wineglass left out for the mice, with a ladder so they can reach it. Whether the guide was having us on or not, I'm not sure, but made a good story.
Proof of the mouse
Met this great girl from Sweden, Karin is also traveling for 10 months, so very cool to share experiences. She's off to Asia later too, so keeping in touch. We spent most of the tour yakking, so had lunch together after and finally parted ways at 7.
 
The stone is black due to alcohol
absorbed into the stone. Such waste 

No comments:

Post a Comment