Thursday 3 September 2015

Day 86, Algoz, Portugal

Sagres school
A lot of rigmarole later.....I have booked my Morocco trip with Intrepid, yay.
So, I will tell you how that came about. Originally I was going to drive through Morocco, same way I have done around Europe, no problem. However, the more I thought about it, the more I worried. And I did some research online, didn't feel any better after that, in fact, that almost put me off. But I love the thought of Morocco, mysterious, fragrant, harsh landscapes, old world markets, so I really did want to go. So, after some contemplating I decided it best to do a tour, safety in numbers.
But short notice, so after quite a bit of searching and playing about with dates and different companies I found I could get onto an Intrepid 13 day tour. It's being confirmed in the next few days but I take it as booked for next Sunday, 13th September.
Almost deserted beaches here, beautiful
This afternoon I went for a drive to the most southwest point in Europe, the town of Sagres. I visited the town's imposing fortress. According to legend, this is where Prince Henry he Navigator established his navigation school and primed early Portugese explorers, over 500 years ago. A striking coast line with steep cliffs and anglers balance on the cliffs below the wall.
I had a big fall this afternoon at home, tripping on a wee step and landed very awkwardly on the stone stairs. I thought for a bit I had broken my arm, it was so blimmen sore. I iced my arm for ages and will know about it tomorrow for sure, arm, leg, back and foot, ouch!
Steep cliffs
Church

No comments:

Post a Comment