Saturday 5 September 2015

Day 88, Algoz Portugal to Seville, Spain

Plaza de Toros
This morning after a cuppa with Bijou I left for Seville, Spain. I purposely chose the 'back' roads and again, what a nice drive away from the motorways, through little towns and rolling hills. 
A funny experience arriving at my Homestay. I had told her I would arrive between 2 and 3.30 and was quite pleased with myself, it was 2.45! I found it quickly despite a ridiculous narrow alley I had to go through to get there, in fact I drove passed twice and argued with my GPS as I didn't think I was meant to turn there!
Rio Guadalquivir
Anyway, no answer after ringing the bell twice for the second floor, so in a final attempt I rung the bell for the first floor and was buzzed in. Oh dear...only Spanish, and this was definitely not my host! She was so helpful though, she ushered me in, said I could use the phone, and in the end she actually made the call for me. She was on the phone for about 5 minutes, I was beginning to wonder what the problem was, maybe my host was full up after all and I would have to stay with this (elderly) lady in her housecoat. But no, turned out my host had to go to work unexpectedly and wouldn't be home till 5.00.
What a dear for helping me out. Oh well, time for tapas it is.
Went to the Maestranza Bullring (Plaza de Toros) and museum. Sorry to say, but what a gruesome sport. I know it's steeped in tradition, but not my cup of tea. Still, interesting to see the huge bull ring and to hear the history.
Beautiful capes and
costumes
Construction started in 1761 

No comments:

Post a Comment