Saturday 31 October 2015

Day 144, Fernes les Fontaines to Frejus, France


The 7 k's stretch 
I know I keep going on about this, but today again I really appreciated the beautiful drive. Anyone considering visiting Provence in autumn, I can highly recommend it. I'm sure we get stunning autumn displays like this at home, but I obviously miss them, too busy day to day I guess. But driving through the hills of Provence, with even all the grapevines in various hues of reds and orange takes your breath away. In a way it's a perfect final to the Europe part of my travels, it's the season telling me that it's finished, but even then it still has to show me how enjoyable this trip is every day. 
Pretty colours but hard to capture


It was very difficult to capture on camera, often I was driving slowly, just soaking it in and looking for a camera shot, but not very successfully. The photo up top is taken on a 7 km stretch of road with the canopy of trees covering the road the whole way.
Tonight I'm staying on the coast, midway between St Tropez and Cannes, 40 k's each way, a town called Frejus. My accommodation is great, I was upgraded, the benefit of travel out of season. A one bedroom apartment, balcony and small kitchen, so it's perfect. Here for two night, which means I can get some washing done, repack ready for travel to UK and Dubai.
And to cap it off, the great guy at reception found out for me I could watch the game live this evening. The Coup du Monde belongs to the All Blacks, what an awesome game, I am sure the people next door were wondering about the yelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment