Thursday 8 October 2015

Day 120 & 121, Ferreirola, Spain

Nice to have Inger back at the B&B, lots of chatting. Yesterday she asked if I wanted to take over from her (ex) husband and buy half a share in the B&B business. I can see how easy and effortless your life could just take a big turn like that, but not for me. I am really enjoying it here and am staying another week, but don't think I could live here.
A was itch Inger yesterday, couple of hours and then out for a couple of beers and dinner. Today quite a bit of work, which is good; the B&B is full again from tomorrow for almost a week. May and Lasse invited us for dinner tonight, so I decided I should make dessert. First I was going to make 'fluff', as we know it, or Ambrosia for the posh folks. I needed marshmallows though, and they don't sell those here, so then I decided to make a pavlova. Yes, first time ever and I choose to do it in a Spain.
A lot of scrounging through the pantry and found all I needed except baking paper, cream and kiwi fruit to garnish. I picked the raspberries myself! Unfortunately the supermarket (20 minutes away) is really small and didn't even sell fresh cream, only strange UHT stuff, which wouldn't whip for me. Anyway, the pav turned out okay, in a little too long, but tasted fine and they all made appreciative comments (obviously no other pavlovas to compare to). Dinner was lovely, few wines, just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment