Thursday 29 October 2015

Day 142, Figueres, Spain to Perpignan, France


Cadaques steps
I got a rude awakening at 1.30 this morning; a 4.3 earthquake just off the coast. Don't need any of that carry on while over here, thank you! Luckily not too bad.
Today was all about the drive, not the destination! First stop was Cadaques, a small village on the coast. It used to be a simple fishing village, and it's very cute , a little Greek in its look. A walk through there, a coffee and back on the road.
Cadaques 
I then decided to drive through to Perpignan in France all along the coast and it was very pretty. At times the Pyrenees on the left and the Mediterranean on the right, the road winding up and down and through little towns.
Pretty from the water
My final destination was Perpignan, a nondescript town I am sorry to say! I walked into town, even felt a little uncomfortable in some of the alleys as dusk comes early now. Anyway, like I said, today was about the drive, not the destination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment