Saturday 24 October 2015

Day 137, Miami Platja, Spain


Reus town square 
Visited the nearby town of Reus this morning, which is the town where the famous architect Gaudi was born. No, I had not (uneducated me!) heard of him until I came to Spain and told people I would visit Barcelona. They would go all dreamy eyed and go 'oh Gaudi'). 
So visiting Reus was a double whammy, a nice town, cobbled streets etc and secondly, the Gaudi Centre is there, so a chance to familiarise myself before going to a Barcelona tomorrow. It was very interesting, well put together. He has a very unique style, which I will take photos off in the next few days in Barcelona.
Back to Miami Platja to pick up my bicycle, just before the shop shut at 2.00. Had a map, a 'city bike' and sunshine, so off I went. In search of a town which was going to take about half an hour, then the plan was to have a cuppa, a ride around the back of the town, and home again.
Uhm. So, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere; the fact the track # changed from 1 to 7? I put that down to the Spanish getting confused when they put the signs up. It was a rough track, more suitable to a mountain bike, and quite steep in places. An hour later I am cursing the map, the bike, the track. Off course when you're the one who had the idea to go biking, you can not curse yourself! Anyhow....about 30 k's later, (the same 3 k's done three times) I finally found my way, but not the town. The sight of a bar with a cold beer was welcomed though. But I did enjoy it and a great way to see the countryside.
And then we won the semifinal rugby game, so that finished the day perfectly. Daylight saving (Summer time as it's known here) is finishing tonight, meaning I will be exactly 12 hours behind NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment