Wednesday 21 October 2015

Day 134, Almagra to Canet D'en Berenguer, Spain


Loving the sea
Luckily feeling better today after a good sleep. Such a beautiful B&B, the sheets have the monogram embroidered on and the towels are so think and fluffy! 
The day was clear, but started very cold, only 12 degrees. I had a 400 k drive, and most of the way it stayed at 14, 15 degrees! The drive was so easy, motorways the whole way, some boring but also some lovely countryside. I only mucked up once, coming into Valencia I missed a turn, which added an extra 9 k's, just like that. Anyway, found my hotel easily, right on the beach in a wee town about 30 k north of Valencia, called Canet D'en Berenguer.
Right across the road
It's funny, I started in Italy close to 5 months ago, at the very start of he season (it hadn't actually started yet I think), and the weather was still variable. I have seen the temperatures soar to 40 degrees, in equal measure to the amount of tourists and I have come full circle. The temperature here on the coast is still a pleasant 23 today, but there are hardly any tourists about. The hotel is maybe 25 percent occupied, so I am sure they were pleased when I decided to make it two nights!
I went for a lovely walk on the beach, bit late in the day for a swim, but maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment