Sunday 4 October 2015

Day 116 & 117, Ferreirola, Spain


The paella being cooked 
I'm at a real Spanish Fiesta, celebrating something I'm not sure about. Loud bangs have gone off in the last couple of days, a substitute of fireworks, but they're sure loud and vibrate through the surrounding mountains like thunder.
I was going to walk, it's a nearby town, but Sepp was going as well so we went together. A couple of beers, and a huge paella was being cooked, for the pricely sum of €2.00 we had a big serving. The town is little, as they all are around here, no shops or anything, but plenty of people turn out for the fiesta, a reason to get together I guess. Sepp is really quiet, so I found myself people watching again; Spanish women I noticed all colour their hair, well into old age. I have yet to see a Spanish lady who has decided to 'let her hair grow grey'. The few grey haired women are English ex-pats, hippies!
South Coast, yesterday's drive
I opted to walk home instead, a pleasant 30 minutes walk in the country. All towns are connected with walkways so can't really get lost, even after a couple of beers. And that's the pace of life here, even at the fiesta you hardly see anyone on their cellphones, out of a hundred people there, I saw one only.
Sunset over Sierra Nevada
Yesterday I went for a drive to the coast, where it is still a bit warmer (although today it's 25 here) and spent an afternoon at the beach, very relaxing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment