Tuesday 27 October 2015

Day 140, Barcelona, Spain


Arc de Triomf
Day started with rain, so stayed home for a bit, but then got going as the sun came out. Visited lots of places, the Barcelona Arc de Triomf first. The day had warmed up nicely and it was a lovely walk down to the gardens, short sleeve blouse weather still (although the locals are in winter coats, god knows what they'll do when winter comes, or maybe this is as bad as it gets).
The Gothic district 

Next visited old parts of town, windy streets, pretty facades, El Born and The Gothic districts.
El Born in particular, with its narrow streets and alleys, is full of lovely little boutiques, with the artists working in the back of the shop making their wares. I spent a nice time strolling and browsing, and there were relatively few tourists here. It reminded me of Melbourne a little, with little cafes cramped in and artful graffiti.
The streets of El Born
I have the Metro well sussed and used it to the max today, very helpful. 
Unfortunately the light starts to go now by 6.00, not quite dark but you can sure tell it's autumn then. I felt I had made the most of my time in Barcelona, and I couldn't have walked and seen more in my three days if I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment