Saturday 19 December 2015

Day 193, Bangkok, Thailand


Thai dancers at the silk museum 
Met a couple of ladies this morning who have just finished the Intrepid trip I am about to start. I was sitting in reception waiting for my taxi when I happen to overhear them ask for a taxi to the same place. 
Christmas lights 

Me and my big ears; so I asked if they wanted to share my taxi. So we did, and ended up spending the day, which was fun. We went to Jim Thompson's House and Silk Museum. Jim was an American who back in the 50's and 60's was very much responsible for the silk production and use revival in Thailand. He was an architect, who designed and built a remarkable house here in Bangkok, so it was very interesting to have a look though. Lunch afterwards with Lynn (Canadian) and Kelly (from Auckland) and then back for a swim.
Silk spinning 
I also briefly met 4 others (Americans) who are on my tour, and had a quick chat.
Back to Khao San road for a body massage; I could get used to this! Sat and had some street food with a beer and watched the craziness that is Khao San road, full of backpackers and other young holiday makers, drinking. I will be happy to get out of Bangkok and see some more of Thailand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment