Friday 18 December 2015

Day 192, Bangkok, Thailand


Reclining Buddha
Visited the beautiful 'Reclining Buddha' today. A huge, .46 metre long gold leave Buddha, housed in Wat Pho, a royal temple from the 16th century. The temple complex houses the biggest collection of Buddha images in Thailand and is very impressive.
Wat Pho
It was relatively quiet so very enjoyable. The Buddha was so big, impossible to get properly into a photo, although that didn't stop people trying. When entering the temples, shoes need to be removed, knees covered as well as shoulders, but most places are so organised they have robes ready to put on. I got a tuk tuk to my next destination.
Buddhas everywhere 
It's so funny, a taxi from hotel to Wat Pho was 70 baht, then outside Wat Pho the tuk tuk drivers are ready to offer to take you to other places. So i decided to do just that, and I was going much less than the mornings ride. I asked how much, 300 baht. Funny man. I said 100 and had to be persistent and walk away to get it for that. Some might say I could have got it cheaper, but hey, they have to make a living. 

I went and had a facial, very nice and relaxing and it had been a long while since my last one. A nice walk back to he hotel and a swim, another couple of days and the tour starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment