Tuesday 15 December 2015

Day 189, Bangkok, Thailand


Street food China Town
Wow, it's hot in Bangkok, I had sort of forgotten about that for some odd reason. Towards the end it got cold in Delhi, so this was a bit of a shock. Temperature today 35, real feel 40. A beautiful breakfast, feeling very spoiled, all included in the room. But first a swim, lovely to wake up to.
Then I was ready to go fa walk and explore a little. I walked down to China Town and back, a couple of hours altogether which was quite enough in the heat.
Chicken anyone?
Funny to walk around the many stalls and not be hassled by the vendors. For a huge city like Bangkok, people are still happy to make eye contact with me, and smile and nod kindly. I stood at one street corner, contemplating how to get across as there were no lights and traffic heavy, when one Thai lady took me gently by the elbow and led me across, full of smiles. What a sweety. Then another elderly gentleman reminded me to carry my pack in the front of me, to avoid pick pockets. And all with a genuine smile.
China town
Another refreshing swim when I got back, feeling very lazy! Definitely be doing more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment