Wednesday 10 June 2015

Day two in Dubai

Today seemed even hotter than yesterday!
Had the most hilarious experience on the beach as there was nowhere to get changed. I totally felt like Mr Bean, struggling with a sarong in the wind. I may have exposed bits I shouldn't have but after I put myself in fits of laughter I actually managed to get my togs on. Oh and how blissful the swim was. The water was beautiful and warm, I think even Dotty would have got in!
Getting back into my clothes afterwards was even harder but with some weird contortions I got there.
I tried the Metro system today. It's totally run by computers, no human drivers at all. The stations are absolutely stunning (see pictures), no rubbish anywhere. no graffiti, and so lovely and cool with aircon on the metro too. The metro system was opened on the 9-9-2009 at 9.09!
Later this afternoon I visited Old Dubai.A lot more character here in the buildings, as well as in the locals. I have never had that many men wanting my attention at once! Alas, they were mere stall holders peddling their wares :) .
And now a beautiful cold Heineken to finish off the day!

Dubai City
Jumeirah Mosque
Old Dubai

Metro station
Jumeirah Mosque 

No comments:

Post a Comment