Wednesday 24 June 2015

Day 15, Vellona, Pescia, Italy


Sunflower fields near Pisa

After a slow start today I decided to go for a drive and visit Pisa, as it is only 50 k's away. Just like last time, when Keith and I visited with the boys, it surprised me and I just sort of 'stumbled ' across the Leaning Tower! I love watching everyone contort themselves into position that make it look like you're holding the tower up for a photo, but I wasn't brave enough to ask a stranger to go through that with me in order to get my picture, so went without. It was extremely hot, 34 degrees, so twisted my own arm and talked myself into another Gelato. I managed to remember where I'd parked the car too....note to self, 'observe where you park so you can find it later on!'
The famous tower



Italy has some great motorways and if you want to get from A to B quickly this is definitely the way to go, with the speed limit being 130 you get where you want to go fast. However, if you have got plenty of time (as you do on holiday) and you go for an afternoon drive to Pisa, the nicest way to enjoy the scenery on the way is to take the country roads. That's when you see the fields with sunflowers and you can stop for a picture.
Unfortunately I am still without wifi in my room, it is quite annoying as I want to book some further accommodation; I am leaving here on Saturday. The local cafe has been great, I am starting to think there is a plot here to increase my custom as I don't just go and use the wifi; I have a couple of coffees in the morning and dinner at night! Oh well, it will sort itself out, I am sure.

Oh, by the way, the picture on the right here is of two prams; each of which held three little dogs. Yep, this couple had matching strollers for their dogs and took them to the Leaning Tower of Pisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment