Sunday 21 June 2015

Day 12 & 13, Vellano, Pescia, Italy

No post yesterday and a basic one today; no pictures 😒. Unfortunately the internet has gone down at my accommodation, so am borrowing the local cafe's, which works fine but I can't get to my pictures easily. Never mind, catch those up again once we've got wifi back.
Yesterday and today have been quiet days, very nice.
Market day in Pescia yesterday so went and had a look. Lots of stalls with clothes (which I really don't need any more of, but bought anyway!), food, shoes, bags etc. Nice to be amongst it and people watch.
In the afternoon I decided my legs needed a stretch and walked to the next town over, Machinno, about 4 km's. All up hill too, so good excuse to stop up the top for an ice cream! Beautiful views over the valley from up here too and well worth the hour and a half round trip.
Dinner at the local as Saturday is pizza night, yum!
This morning  spent some time lingering over my two cappuccinos at the local, again to use the wifi, but Serena does not seem to mind.
This afternoon Michelle and I went to the beautiful nearby town of Monte Carlo, where a dog show was held and we met up with Piff (her terrier's) mum. A very warm afternoon, but nice and relaxing.
So, back to the local for dinner, and to write my non exciting blog.
I am starting to look and think where to go after this week as on Saturday I will be leaving Vellano. Looking at going South, as I have a two week gap before the Amalfi Coast, where I have booked a week's accommodation. It's all great fun figuring out where to go and what to do!
View from Monte Carlo
Catch you soon with more pictures.
Monte Carlo 
Pretty flowers in Machinno

No comments:

Post a Comment