Sunday 28 June 2015

Day 19, Anguillara Sabazia, Italy

A warm day in Anguillara Sabazia, 34 degrees. I went for a walk this morning exploring. One thing I have noticed is that there is no rubbish collection from each house as there is in good old NZ. Instead there are collection points, where huge skips sit, awaiting the weekly empty, and each household rocks up with their rubbish in their car and then leave it there. Which I am sure works well the few days after it's been emptied but come day 5 or 6 and the skip is full the rubbish just piles up next to it. And it's a pretty disgusting sight, especially in the heat. Makes you appreciate what we take for granted back home.
I spent a very pleasant afternoon at Lake Martignano, which is not the large lake the town is situated on, but a smaller one nearby.
It was a little busier than I had anticipated. Again, I guess we take these things for granted, we would just rock up in our car. Nope, we parked in a paddock, €2.00 please, then €1.00 for the shuttle. Which took us about a 700 meters from the lakefront. But it was well worth going, very pretty and the water was divine. I did as the locals and rented a sun lounger and spent a pleasant time reading and swimming. Again, the only one in togs! So, do you stand out in togs or blend in by wearing a bikini and feel awkward either way!
Lake Matignano

No comments:

Post a Comment