Saturday 27 June 2015

Day 18 & 19, Vellano and Anguillara Sabazia, Italy

Cheers Michelle
Piff saying goodbye from the window











Good bye Vellano. I have thoroughly enjoyed my two weeks in Tuscany, exploring lots of small towns and just relaxing. Yesterday was a quiet day, went out for lunch to Montecarlo, beautiful prosciutto e melone, which is really just ham and melon, but the prosciutto is divine! Home to pack and then out for a good bye dinner with Michelle at the local. Quite a drama happening there with a disgruntled 'local'. That's inverted commas as she is not from Italy but currently living in Vellano trying to make it her home. Disgruntled as there was a dog whining due to its owners being at the restaurant as well and she was pining. So this semi- local decides to take matters into her own hands and goes past the local with a great big shovel in her hands saying she is going to fix this once and for all! Oh oh. Drama, arguments, police phoned.....all too much. Silly though, because correct me if I'm wrong but that's not really how to make yourself liked by the locals! 
So, that was last nights saga.
Today I was on the road early and very much enjoyed my scenic drive to Anguillara Sabazia, right on the beautiful Lake Bracciano, only about 40 k's North of Rome. It took me a while to get here, partly due to the road I had chosen being under repair. GPS doesn't understand that, so after some arguments with my GPS lady and consultation of my paper map (thank goodness I had that with me), some back tracking and creatively choosing a new route I finally got here!
Anguillara Sabazia
Look at that flower display
The town is right on the lake, so now that I'm rested up I will go and have a look. My accommodation is great, it's a two bedroom house, with kitchen, lounge, huge bathroom, all to myself. Breakfast included, which will be brought to my room. Ah, such pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment