Tuesday 23 June 2015

Day 14, Vellano, Pescia, Italy

Another day with no wifi in room, so another blog with no pictures, but will update the blog once I can.
Another stranger taking my picture!
I visited the beautiful Cinque Terre today. I took off early from home and drove to La Spezia, just over an hour away on the coast. From there I caught the ferry, bit like a hop on- hop off set up, which meant I could stop at any of the 5 Cinque Terre villages. First stop was Manarolo for a couple of hours, then Vernazza for a gelato and finally Montorosso. Walked right up the hill in each town, beautiful views everywhere. The pictures added don't nearly do the place justice, it is just so pretty!
Manarolo
I love sitting watching people (which tends to happen a bit when you're travelling on your own as there are no distractions).
I'm getting pretty good at guessing where people are from. A generalisation, don't anyone take offence! 
The Dutch: tall, robust, sturdy with  sensible walking shoes. Bring their own food on day trips.
Germans, see Dutch, but push in the lines 
Anyone visiting from an Asian country: come dressed up like they're about to go out on a date, heels, dress and stockings, even in 30 degrees. 
Well, that's all a bit of a generalisation, but it keeps me amused guessing.
Anyway, the visit to Cinque Terre was just lovely and dinner at the local afterwards with Michelle and Memo, her husband. I even managed to inspire them to go and visit there as they haven't been yet.
Catch you soon
Montorosso
Vernazza


No comments:

Post a Comment