Thursday 19 November 2015

Day 163, on route to Dubai

Singapore from up above 

And I am off again. 8 days back home in Christchurch and it has been an extremely emotional visit, highs and lows like no other.
For those of you not aware, I came back last Wednesday to attend a dear friend's wedding on Saturday and Mel & Eru's wedding was a very special day. Then the saddest news on Thursday that my 27 year old nephew Johnny passed away after a motorcycle accident on the West Coast. My heart goes out to my sister Ineke and her husband John , and Johnny's partner April. How tragedy can strike so cruelly twice in one year is incomprehensible.
I was however fortunate enough to be in New Zealand and was able to spent time with Ien and John and to be there for the funeral after a little reshuffle of flights.
As I am writing this I am 11,000 meters up in the air on a very full flight to Dubai. I left Shaun behind in Sydney as he is one later flight (who made those shoddy bookings? Oops, that was me in my early inexperienced days booking flights).
An 9 hour stop in Dubai coming up for me and then it's India, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment