Thursday 5 November 2015

Day 149, Sheffield, England


My bedroom view

Brr, another cold and damp day in Sheffield.
My very last day of my time in Europe, as tomorrow Shaun and I board a plane to Dubai, where we'll be for 3 days before going to Christchurch for a wedding.
Went for a nice drive today again, through the Moors of Peak District National Park. Visited Chatsworth and Matlock, both cute little towns with plenty of character.
Chatsworth House 
Such a shame it's cold and foggy, but I guess it's that time of year. To be honest, when I opened the curtains
 this morning and saw another damp and grey day out, I wondered how people live here, in their cramped wee houses, with steep stairs and rising damp. (I know they're not all like that, just painting a picture). When I compare that with Ferreirola in Spain, the warmth of the people and the sun, it makes me feel I want to run back there. It's not hard to understand why a lot of British people pack up and go and live in the Spain or Portugal.
Dinner & drinks with this
lovely couple 

Anyway, a nice day with Shaun and Hannah, out for dinner to a local pub; they do those well here! 
An early night as we drive to the airport at 5.00! 

No comments:

Post a Comment