Sunday 31 January 2016

Day 236, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Thailand


Bangkok skyline 
Bumped into my Thailand guide Sar this morning, and it was nice to see a familiar smiling face in Bangkok. A lovely day spent with Joanne & Antonia from the Cambodia trip; they both have an extra few days in Bangkok and decided to check into a super flash hotel as a treat. A beautiful view from the 16th floor over Bangkok and after a massage at 'my' favourite place we spent the rest of the afternoon at the hotel, nice to not rush about for a change. 
And then it was time to say goodbye. I really hate this part, but Antonia has a wedding to attend in Melbourne later this year and is seriously considering extending the journey to include a trip over to Christchurch.
I got the the train station with 15 minutes to spare to catch the train back up to Chiang Mai to meet up with Inger.
My cosy little cabin
We will spend 5 days together up north, not quite sure yet what we'll be doing but it's a beautiful part of the country, so am sure it will be enjoyable.
Ah, sleep on the night train, this is my 7th journey but still get excited. I made sure I booked a bottom seat again, nice wide bed and an early night I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment