Saturday 2 January 2016

Day 206, Chaing Rai to Chiang Mai to Bangkok, Thailand


Chiang Mai gardens

We took the fancy pansy bus back to Chiang Mai this morning; it even has a toilet on it. I was in need of using this facility, oh dear, what a mistake! First of all the bus is beautifully air conditioned, the toilet in contrast was like opening an oven door! Then the driver wasn't particularly careful about the use of either brake or accelerator, and we were going through a particular windy part of the trip, so altogether it was the most uncomfortable 'comfort ' stop I have ever had, I almost peed my pants with distraught before I could get them off, haha! Very traumatic experience indeed.
Back in Chiang Mai it was time to say goodbye to both Tracey and Amy, always sad to say farewell to travel buddies.
Temple
Nina and Peter and Denise and I went to the Old City of Chiang Mai and had a look around there, including some impressive temples, although I think I have seen just about enough of them now. 
Tonight time for a quick beer before boarding the 6.00 o'clock night train back to Bangkok.
Peter, Denise, Nina, drinks
before catching the night train 
I'm looking forward to a great night sleep on the train, last night was a bit short due to a late night and my roomy coming back at 6.00 am (plenty of stamina at 21 years of age), so anticipating the beds being made and s t r e t c h I n g out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment