Sunday 3 January 2016

Day 208, Bangkok, Thailand


At the show with Nina 
A final goodbye to the others on tour after breakfast and then it was time to reorganise my pack. At one stage in the last fortnight I had gear in 4 places; I left some things behind in Bangkok at the hotel, secondly in Chiang Mai we left our main bag, thirdly we left things we did not need on the hike at the Homestay place and lastly the gear I had with me on the hike. 
So it took a bit to sort and combine everything again and make it fit into my pack, but I still have room to spare so doing okay.
I changed hotels today as the other one was booked up, and afterwards I had a lazy afternoon reading and at the pool.
One of the scenes of the show
Close to 5 I wandered over and met up with Nina and Peter for a beer and dinner before Nina and I together went to see the Siam Niramit Show, a cultural performance like I have never seen before. It tells the history of Thailand of the last 700 years and I can highly recommend it. The set and the costumes were just stunning, there was a 'river' on stage, as well as rain, an elephant and goats even walked on stage. The dancers were spectacular, Nina and I absolutely loved it. And then it was time to say goodbye to her too. My last day in Bangkok tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment