Friday 22 January 2016

Day 227, HoiAn, Vietnam


New frock 
The problem with having a few days 'off', i.e. No travel, no rushing, no people around to distract  you, is that there is too much time to think. And tomorrow it will be 'only' four weeks until I go home. I still have four exciting weeks ahead; tomorrow night my Cambodia tour starts for 8 days and on Sunday we will cross the border into this intriguing country. 
The week after I will spend 5 days in North Thailand with Inger and then the Grand Finale: two weeks back to India, meet up with my niece Shanna to attend an Indian wedding.
So I shouldn't be thinking too much about getting home, but it happens. Settle back into my wee home (tenants will be moved out by the time I fly back, so I get to sleep in my own bed straight away) and I do look forward to that part. Start work again. And not so much looking forward to that part, but gotta pay that mortgage, AND start saving for the next holiday! Because I have been badly bitten by the travel bug, especially to the slightly different places.
Street food HoiAn 
Travel on my own does not faze me anymore either, what's the worst that could happen!
So, that's where my thoughts turned on this quiet day.
I visited Mrs Tan Tan the tailor twice, once for the fitting and then to double check and collect my two new dresses which I am very happy with. Anyone coming to HoiAn I can highly recommend this tailor, she is the loveliest lady indeed.
Intricately cut cards- a Vietnam specialty 
A couple of swims, some more biking and finally, sadly, I had to pack, ready for departure from HoiAn tomorrow. A beautiful dinner out, walk through town, and time to say goodbye to the lanterns and friendly folks of HoiAn.

No comments:

Post a Comment