Wednesday 20 January 2016

Day 225, Hoi An, Vietnam


The pretty lanterns in Hoi An

A blissfully quiet day in Hoi An. I decided to hire a bicycle while I'm here, total of $4.00 for 3 days! So I biked back to 'my' tailor and Mrs Tan Tan was so happy to see me that she gave me a big hug! What a lovely lady. 





I took my time in the village, had a very good latte, browsed some shops and then biked to the beach and some of the surroundings of the village, about an hour and a half, so that was very enjoyable.
Swim when home, and some email chores and sorting accommodation for later in the trip.
A nice stroll through town tonight; Hoi An is known amongst other things, famous for its handmade lanterns that light up this pretty town in the evenings.

.
A month today until I get home. I can't believe how fast this time has gone and yet it feels like I have been away forever. It was about this time last year that this crazy idea started to form for me; take a long time off work and go travel. And here I am, I thought this afternoon as I was biking past the rice fields, cycling in Hoi An, Vietnam. You never know what the next year will bring you. I have seen so much and experienced such cool things in that time, and still more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment