Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 210, Bangkok Thailand to Hanoi, Vietnam


Catch up time with Inger
Country number 15 today!
I decided to take the skytrain to the airport, which was super easy and quick. Got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. The check in was open so that was good. Bag on the scales, 18.1 kilos. Bugger, limit was15. So I was told I had to take some out, so here I am furiously trying to figure out what was the heaviest to put in my hand luggage. I hadn't got too far in, thank goodness, when I looked up and noticed that the scales still said 13.2 kilos, which was the tray for small bags that had been left on there. Phew! That had me worried for a bit.
At Bangkok airport 
In the end I had to run to catch my plane! I had lunch at a leisurely pace, passport checks took ages, there was a queue at the ladies toilet, which is a universal issue, but other than that I thought I had tons of time. Except that the airport is huge, and the gate was miles away, so I ended up having to run. I'm making a habit out of this it seems.
Landing in Hanoi was straightforward; I had to get my visa on arrival, which went quite quickly, then taxi to downtown and the hotel where I was meeting Inger.
Problema....the hotel had three different sites and Inger had been given the wrong address, so she was waiting at one and I arrived at another, wondering where she was! We finally connected, after another taxi ride for me. It was wonderful to catch up again, we talked and talked all night! Lovely to see each other again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment