Thursday 18 February 2016

Day 254, Delhi, India


With Asha and Maya at 'Mayas Nest'
My last day in India and my last day of travel and adventures.
Oh, how I will miss all of it, the excitement of new places and people to meet.
I have enjoyed my whole trip, almost 9 months of discovering not just about the big wide world out there, but also about me!
Shanna and I went on a shopping mission today to craft markets; Dilli Haat and Dastkar.
We took tuk tuks, Shanna hadn't been in one yet, so that added to the experience. But what a lovely day it was! We (mainly me) bought quite a few bits and pieces. Especially the last few months I have bought very few things to take home, mainly because I didn't want to be carrying too much with me, and I kept telling myself once I got to Delhi it would be my opportunity. Last time in Delhi I went to Dilli Haat with Kathryn and decided then to return.
With my henna artist 
Shanna and I also had the chance to have our henna redone and found a really good artist. 
The international language is definitely a smile; Shanna had a small mole on her arm and the artist covered it beautifully with a henna drawing. When she noticed and smiled, he looked up with a huge grin, obviously happy with her reaction too.
Tuk tuk time
Next another tuk tuk ride, the negotiations are always interesting, but a must. We went to Dastkar, another arts and crafts market and very nice to shop at, again I managed to get a few nice things. 
Back at our guesthouse we got our suitcases sorted and had a nice cup of tea and chat with our host Asha and her daughter Maya. Maya is an artist and has some wonderful paintings in the house. I encouraged her to put a wee sign up in the guest rooms to make guests aware of her paintings and to actually start selling them, as her work is very unique and she has a great style. I think she was really quite pleased with the compliments!
Time to say goodbye to Shanna, she has a midnight flight and mine is tomorrow at lunchtime.
It's also time to say goodbye to all those who read my blog as after today there won't be much to share so no more posts after today.
No write-off here;
someone was working on this car!
It's been a pleasure to write my blog; an excellent way to record my journey and share it with you, but it also has made me think a little harder about my days and at times research what I have seen and done that day. 
Goodbye and au revoir xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment