Saturday 6 February 2016

Day 242, Mumbai, India


One of the floats on the procession 
Inger and I had the morning to spare together. It was the start of the celebrations of the 720th anniversary of the founding of Chiang Mai and we 'stumbled' across this beautiful procession.
Flight destination number 15 (from June till now) and I am on a crowded flight to Mumbai, India. 
I left Inger (still hate those good byes) and Chiang Mai at midday to fly back to Bangkok and then a 5 hour wait at Bangkok airport before boarding my flight to Mumbai. Had a lovely chat to a lady from Qatar on my flight from Chiang Mai, who was on holiday with her husband and had 5 daughters at home (lucky husband!). It's a real bonus of travelling on your own I think as you tend to talk to people much more easily.
Watching a movie on the flight to Mumbai, I actually missed the take off. Not sure if that was due to the skills of the pilot or simply because I am getting so used to flying, haha!
Just a 4 hour flight and the we were in Mumbai. E-Visa processing was very quick and easy, and then there was Shanna, waiting for me at the luggage carousel.
So excited to see her and finally meet up. 
Next, a taxi, a very battered black and yellow little taxi van. It rattled and shook, and the driver had to ask directions about 4 times, but we finally arrived at Novotel, Juhu Beach!
Lots of chatting and then, all of a sudden, Shanna had fallen asleep, hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment